Staying healthy is not just about looking good to be appreciated by others or what you do to ensure you have that sleek figure you see in the fashion magazines. It is something you do for yourself. For the feel-good fun of it! Staying fit and in the right shape proportionate to your body type goes a long way in boosting your self-confidence just as it makes you stay healthy with weight loss journey.
Are you gaining a few more pounds? Are you wondering what weight loss plan you could adopt to keep you in your required body size? Are you having a hard time overcoming the cravings for snacks and junk food? Read below a few tips to guide you in your meal choices and weight loss journey.
Much has been written about weight loss, hence this article will focus on pointing out food ideas you can incorporate into your breakfast, lunch and dinner meal plans to help get you back in the right shape.
Research shows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it has been proven to be very effective in any weight loss journey. Never skip a breakfast and endeavour to stick to your meal plan.
Here is a list of healthy meal choices to enhance weight loss; these food choices are great at stopping that famished feeling which prompts you to snack on every available consumable.
- Bacon and eggs, pancakes, increase your fibre intake with fruits such as apples, bananas, oranges, strawberries, raspberries, mango, guava, potatoes, peas, whole grains (unrefined), blueberries which has been shown to contain antioxidants which protects against obesity and most especially oatmeal (you could add nuts to your oatmeal), add cream cheese to your wheat bread, it has been found that calcium in dairy helps to burn fat, eat celery and drink tea to increase metabolic rate. etc,
- It is better to snack on fruits and nuts when you have the cravings than carbonated drinks and fatty junk foods.
- Foods that contain protein is also very important as they will keep you satisfied for a longer period of time. A report published in the New England Journal of Medicine revealed that yoghurt is very effective in weight loss. In this case, plain yoghurt is highly recommended to avoid unnecessary sugar and calories.
- Don’t forget the importance of drinking enough glasses of water. Drink as much water as possible, mostly before having a meal to help reduce the quantity of food you can take in at a time.
- Weight loss doesn’t necessarily mean one should starve his or herself, it is more about making healthy food choices. Another important point to note is having enough sleep; when you don’t sleep and you get easily fatigued you have a false sense of hunger which makes you eat more than your body requires.
- The importance of regular exercises cannot be overemphasised. Consistency is the key word here. This creates the needed balance to make your weight loss meal plan effective.
We wish you all the best in your weight loss journey.